I’m a runner. I’ve been running for 15+ years.
I neglected strengthening some of my muscles during a chunk of that time. I hade muscular imbalances and weaknesses that I didn’t work to correct.
I didn’t realize it how important it was to have a strong core and foundation.
I’ve made it a priority to strength train regularly and consistently.
Here are the benefits I’ve experienced:
1. I’m stronger.
2. I move better.
3. I’m more confident.
4. I’m a more balanced, well-rounded athlete.
5. My core is stronger and more stable.
6. My muscles are in balance.
7. I’m less injury prone.
8. I’m a stronger runner and endurance athlete.
9. I can perform a wide-range of exercises without thinking twice.
10. I can now do lunges without losing my balance and my legs wobbling.
I feel so much better about my body – not necessarily how I look but how I feel.
If you want to feel better about yourself, I highly recommend building a strong body and getting fit.
As you get stronger and your fitness level increases, your confidence will skyrocket.
I no longer want to be a runner. I want to be a strong runner.